Eric Larson is a Partner in the Firm’s Houston office concentrating his practice in tax law. He assists clients by providing tax and structure analysis for business transactions involving partnerships, limited liability companies, corporation and tax-exempt entities, including formations, mergers, conversions, taxable asset and stock acquisitions, and liquidations, from both a federal and a state tax perspective.
Eric has extensive experience in drafting limited liability company agreements and partnership agreements containing complex tax allocation provisions, buy/sell rights and detailed management provisions.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of investor for equity investment of $500 million in exploration and production partnership
- Representation of various joint venture arrangements between exploration and midstream companies
- Representation of developer in the structuring of joint venture for acquisition, construction, development and leasing of senior living communities across Texas and the Southwest.
- Representation of investors in numerous other equity investments in various energy companies ranging from $50 million to $1 billion
- Representation of numerous portfolio companies and management groups in equity raising transactions ranging from $3 million to $650 million
- Representation of private equity firms for restructuring of existing portfolio companies, including corporate and tax analysis of transactions
Professional Affiliations : Member, State Bar of Texas
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2007
- Master of Public Affairs, The University of Texas / L.B.J. School of Public Affairs, 2007
- B.A., Sociology and Political Science, cum laude, Rice University, 2001
Admissions : Texas, 2007
Rate : $$$