As a partner in our Intellectual Property Counseling practice, Jill A. McWhirter specializes in identifying and solving cutting-edge intellectual property issues in complex transactions in the energy and technology sectors. Jill’s technical credentials help her in not only providing critical and practical strategic advice to global clients but also the ability to have a strong understanding of the technology at issue.
Jill counsels companies in a wide range of technology transactions to help them profitably develop, share and exploit their technical and IP assets. She provides clients with innovative IP strategies, as well as insights into the legal challenges they may face.
With a background in nuclear engineering, Jill has particular knowledge of the energy sector and its IP transactional challenges. Working with domestic and international energy sector clients, she advises on the types of IP transactional matters that may arise in daily operations, as well as on critical company-changing transactions.
Jill frequently assists on the IP side of corporate deals by negotiating contracts and analyzing risk assessment, IP development and licensing agreements, as well as by counseling on related concerns. Jill works across practice areas to provide critical support on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and research and development collaborations.
In addition, Jill handles numerous IP-related matters in the Middle East and in the petrochemical, oil and gas industries, partnering with clients to develop overall IP strategies.
Jill also works with companies on complex software licensing transactions. She advises on licensing, exploitation and distribution of software assets, including inbound and outbound agreements, framework and enterprise agreements, as well as cloud computing and software service agreements.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University
- B.S., University of Michigan
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American International Property Law Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- State Bar of Texas
- The District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$