A. John Harper represents employers in all aspects of labor relations, including : Organizing drives, Collective bargaining, Interpretation and application of labor agreements, Grievance and arbitration proceedings.
John also assists clients in transactions involving unionized facilities and with respect to the labor aspects of bankruptcy proceedings. He represents employers in cases involving unfair competition and denial of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) benefits.
In addition to his labor relations practice, John assists clients in all aspects of employment law, including defending employers against claims under various federal and state anti-discrimination and retaliation laws and advising employers regarding compliance with federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2001
- B.A., Washington and Lee University, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Trustee, Houston Grand Opera, 2007-present
- Member, Board of Directors, The Printing Museum, 2005-present
- Chairman, The Printing Museum, 2011-2012
- Member, Board of Directors, Tanglewood Homes Association, 2011-2014
Rate : $$$$