Aaron F. Jaroff focuses his practice on financial services litigation, advising a wide variety of commercial and investment banking institutions, corporations, and individuals in all phases of complex commercial and securities matters.
He has represented financial sector clients in both class and individual actions in state, federal, and bankruptcy court, arbitration, and in connection with regulatory and internal investigations.
Aaron’s pro bono experience includes Violence Against Women Act matters, civil rights actions, legislative advising, and non-profit representation. Aaron is also a member of the Board of the Pipeline to Practice Foundation, a nonprofit which works to mentor diverse law students and early-career attorneys.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Aaron worked as a securities litigation and white collar defense associate at a major New York law firm and at an international investment bank as an in-house litigation attorney.
He received his BA from Bowdoin College and his JD, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from American University, Washington College of Law, where he was a member of the editorial board of the American University Law Review and interned for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Co-lead in three-week federal trial involving post-acquisition fraud and breach of contract indemnification claims.
- Representation of a major international investment bank and senior banking individuals in state and federal civil litigations and regulatory investigations concerning residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Representation of an investment bank in connection with internal investigations regarding trade reporting practices.
- Representation of individuals in regulatory investigations and civil litigation relating to energy trading.
- Representation of compliance individuals in connection with FINRA investigations.
- Representation of national telecommunications companies in a variety of pre-litigation and litigation matters involving business practices and commercial contracts.
- Representation of a major railroad corporation in environmental and contractual pre-litigation disputes throughout New York State.
- Representation of a financial investment firm in connection with municipal securities trading investigations.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review, 2009
- Bowdoin College, BA, Government and Legal Studies, with High Honors, 2006
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$