Addison Braendel leads Baker McKenzie’s private equity funds group, and serves as a member of the Firm’s Global Funds and Chicago Pro Bono and Charitable Giving steering committees. Mr. Braendel has over 20 years of experience representing some of the world’s largest sponsors and investors in fund formation, investment, documentation and joint ventures.
Mr. Braendel focuses his practice on private equity fund formation, with an emphasis on real estate assets. His experience includes funds of funds, infrastructure funds, hedge funds, energy funds and debt funds. Mr. Braendel advises on ’40 Act, ERISA, Advisers Act, REIT and related tax matters.
His impressive track record includes advising investors with fund reviews and secondary purchases and assisting clients in matters related to sponsor insolvency, limited partner defaults and early termination events.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.) (1992)
- Temple University (B.A. summa cum laude) (1987)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (1992)
- Member of the Board of Directors, past President, and Volunteer Attorney, Center for Disability and Elder Law, 1993 to present
- Harper Court Arts Council 2010 to present
- Temple University College of Liberal Arts Board of Visitors 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- Pension Real Estate Association – Member
- North America Funds Group – Leader
Rate : $$$