Alan L. McLaughlin represents public and private employers in a broad range of employment-related disputes at the administrative, state and federal levels, including before the United States Supreme Court and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He has substantial experience in: Discrimination actions, Class actions, Wage and hour collective actions.
He provides counsel and preventive training to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, including: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act.
Alan works with a diverse group of clients in the manufacturing, logistics, retail and hospitality industries. Previously, Alan served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Thomas A. Wiseman, Jr., United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1982
- A.B., Wabash College, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Employment Section, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Litigation and Employment sections, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member, Litigation and Employment sections, American Bar Association
- Pro Bono Representative, Mediation Assistance Program, U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Former Chair, Litigation Section, Indiana State Bar Association
Rate : $$$