Albert Bender Jr. focuses on investment in and financing of commercial real estate assets, with extensive experience in portfolio transactions, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales, mortgage lending and development. Featured as a leading Georgia lawyer for real estate in Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America since 2009 and Georgia Super Lawyers since 2004.
He has written or spoken on a variety of real estate practice matters, including mezzanine loan workouts, joint venture documentation, equity participation lending, acquisition and sale documentation, workout strategies, opinions of counsel, loan negotiation strategies, joint venture remedies and alternative fee arrangements. At Alston & Bird, he leads the New Business Acceptance Committee and serves as counsel coordinator.
As an eagle scout, Bert is an active community volunteer, having served in various roles in his church (including senior warden) and significant scouting leadership roles, ranging from cub master to adult leader trainer, to Atlanta area council executive board member and national program drafting and committees.
- Northwestern University (J.D., 1983)
- St. Louis University (A.B., 1980)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Former member of the editorial board of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Northwestern University School of Law in 1983
Rate : $$$$