Alexander Lazar is special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. Alexander advises technology, internet, digital media and life sciences clients on a range of corporate matters from startup through IPO.
Mr. Lazar’s practice focuses on:
- Company formation and founder matters
- Corporate and commercial growth strategy
- Initial- through late-stage angel, venture capital and other debt and equity financings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IPOs and other public and private securities offerings
- Technology and brand licensing
- Complex commercial transactions, including joint ventures, including development, collaboration, manufacturing, supply and consulting arrangements
Mr. Lazar regularly represents more mature companies in strategic investments and M&A transactions. Recent transactions include representing:
- Rakuten and its affiliates in their:
- Investments in Lyft, Pinterest, CafeX Communications, Upstart Networks and Ahalife among others
- Acquisitions of Viki, Slice Technologies, DC Storm, DeepForest Media, Manifest Commerce, Vibrant Data and Nextperformance among others
- LogMeIn in its acquisition of LastPass
- Oberthur Technologies in its acquisition of More Magic Solutions
- Boston Scientific Corporation in its acquisition of BridgePoint Medical, Inc.
- Atrium Medical Corporation in its sale to GETINGE AB
- Fitness Connection in its sale to LNK Partners
Mr. Lazar also advises clients on complex commercial and licensing matters, including negotiating technology licensing, development, collaboration, manufacturing, and distribution arrangements with strategic partners.
Mr. Lazar regularly speaks on legal issues facing emerging growth and technology companies, and has served as a mentor and judge in various business plan and business method competitions.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2008, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Brown University, 2005 magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
Rate : $$$$