Alexander Roberts is a business tax lawyer. His extensive practice focuses primarily on federal tax aspects of corporate and partnership tax planning and structuring. Alexander also has significant experience in advising clients in connection with ongoing REIT compliance and structuring issues.
In this capacity, he has significant experience advising clients in connection with the structuring and funding of projects involving renewable and clean energy, including wind, solar, geothermal and other alternative energy sources, as well as representing clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, restructurings, and bankruptcies.
Alexander is firmly committed to guiding his clients through complex and critical tax matters. He works diligently to fully understand his clients’ businesses and the various tax implications that impact their operations.
- Selected Renewable Energy Transactions:
- Citicorp North America and Berkshire Hathaway Energy in connection with the US$390 million South Plains Wind Energy II power project being developed by SunEdison, Inc. in Floyd County, Texas
- Citicorp North America and Berkshire Hathaway Energy in connection with the US$219 million Shannon wind power project being developed by Alterra Power Corp. and Starwood Energy Group in Clay and Jack Counties, Texas
- The acquisition by Goldman Sachs and one of its wholly-owned subsidiaries from BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC of the Anderson Wind Project consisting of two wind projects located in Chaves County, New Mexico
- The approximately US$287 million Osage wind power project being developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The acquisition by Macquarie Infrastructure Company of interests from Exergy Development Group in a portfolio of wind power projects in Idaho
- The approximately US$580 million Origin and Goodwell wind power projects being developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The first-ever wind power generation investment by Macquarie Infrastructure Company through its acquisition of the Brahms wind power project in New Mexico from BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC;
- The approximately US$180 million Route 66 wind power project being developed by First Wind Energy
- The approximately US$314 million Panhandle II wind power project being developed by Pattern Energy Group
- The approximately US$455 million Buffalo Dunes wind power project developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The financing of a portfolio of baseload fuel cell electricity generators to be located in California, Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York by Bloom Energy Corporation, including a long-term strategic partnership with Exelon Generation Company to install Bloom Energy Servers
- The acquisition, construction and term financing, and tax equity financing on behalf of an affiliate of Macquarie Infrastructure Company of a series of solar power projects
- The establishment of a joint venture to provide solar energy services to large-scale solar power projects and the acquisition of various solar power projects for Building Energy S.p.A. as part of its entry into the U.S. renewable energy market
- The approximately US$476 million Canadian Hills wind power project developed by Atlantic Power Corporation
- The approximately US$419 million Chisholm View wind power project developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The approximately US$355 million Prairie Rose wind power project developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- Selected Corporate Acquisitions and Restructuring Transactions:
- Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. in its US$1 billion cash and stock acquisition of Dealer Dot Com, Inc.
- MetLife, Inc. in connection with certain restructuring transactions related to recent multi-billion dollar divestitures and acquisitions
- Ambac Financial Group, Inc. in connection with its debt restructuring, IRS controversy and the largest financial services chapter 11 filing in 2010
- AGL Resources Inc. in connection with its US$3.1 billion merger with Nicor, Inc.
- New York
- New York University, J.D., 2009
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., History, 2005: cum laude
Rate : $$$