Alexandra Hamilton focuses on environmental issues involving regulation, compliance, enforcement and litigation. She represents clients on regulatory matters in federal appellate and district court litigation, advises clients during the rulemaking process for federal environmental regulations under the Clean Air Act and counsels clients on regulatory compliance related to chemical and toxic substances.
Additionally, Alexandra has notable experience working on enforcement matters under the Clean Water Act.
- Advises clients on EPA rulemakings under the Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Represented clients defending environmental permits challenged under the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Performs environmental diligence in connection with the development and acquisition of significant energy facilities.
- Counsels clients on the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) process.
- Prepared comments on EPA guidance and rulemakings under the CAA.
- Represented clients in judicial challenges to CAA rulemakings.
- Advised clients on issues related to CAA emissions control requirements.
- Counseled clients on compliance with California’s Proposition 65.
- Advised clients on compliance with Clean Water Act (CWA) regulatory requirements.
- Represented pro bono clients in post-conviction relief criminal defense proceedings.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, Editor-in-Chief, The Regulatory Review, Articles Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law, Articles Editor, East Asia Law Review, 2016
- BA, Archaeology, The George Washington University, 2011
- District of Columbia
- Intern, US Department of Energy, Office of General Counsel
Rate : $$$