Alexandra S. Peurach represents clients in complex, high-stakes commercial disputes. She has successfully handled cases for Fortune 500 companies and others in matters involving breach of contract; securities, accounting and other types of fraud; fiduciary duties; corporate governance; and trade secrets.
Alex litigates in state and federal courts, and argues in arbitrations, around the country. She represents clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including transportation, life sciences, real estate, telecommunications, energy, and financial and professional services.
Alex also represents officers and directors in a variety of shareholder disputes, including securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, merger litigation, books and records demands, and audit committee and other board committee investigations.
Representative Matters :
- Defended Delta Air Lines in multi-phase breach of contract jury trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Obtained a favorable settlement following first phase of jury trial.
- Represented Raytheon Co. in a breach of contract lawsuit in the ICC International Court of Arbitration against a European defense contractor.
- Defended Equifax Inc. and certain of its officers in a 10b-5 securities class action arising out of the consumer data breach announced in September 2017 that affected 148 million consumers.
- Represented Honeywell International Inc. in a dispute concerning a breach of employment contract and trade secrets, in connection with the hiring of a key employee by a competitor.
- Represented a special litigation committee of Michael Baker Corp. in connection with a shareholder demand related to the company’s agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of DC Capital Partners.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Selected to the 2019 Atlanta Women’s Foundation’s Inspire Atlanta program
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Bleckley American Inn of Court
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Georgia, Virginia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$