Allisen Pawlenty-Altman is a business-minded, creative and practical attorney with deep trademark experience in the Internet, technology and entertainment spaces. She focuses her practice on domestic and international trademark counseling, portfolio management and enforcement for global brand owners. She helps companies assess the availability of trademarks for use and registration, develop and implement complex trademark protection strategies, monitor and enforce trademark rights, and negotiate and draft trademark consent and coexistence agreements. Alli also counsels companies in the entertainment industry on trademark and title risk assessment, protection and enforcement strategies.
Prior to re-joining the firm, Alli worked as Corporate Counsel to Amazon in Seattle, Washington and Santa Monica, California, where she led the in-house team responsible for all trademark, copyright and enforcement work for Amazon’s fast-growing original content business. In this role, she regularly advised business leadership on a wide array of intellectual property matters, including global trademark and title risk profile and risk mitigation for new projects, scope of rights and strategy for rights acquisition and expansion, and thoughtful, customer-focused rights enforcement. Given this experience, Alli has a unique understanding of the many demands facing in-house counsel, and the need for trusted outside counsel to be nimble, business-practical and PR-minded.
Alli is listed in the 2018 and 2019 editions of World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals. She was named a “Rising Star of Law” in 2018 by DCA Live. Alli was recognized as an “IP Star” in 2018 by Managing Intellectual Property magazine.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D. (2004) cum laude
- Universität Hamburg, Erasmus Programme in Law and Economics, participant (2003)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Government and French Literature (2001) magna cum laude
- I’institut d’études françaises d’Avignon, participant (2000)
- District of Columbia (2014)
- Georgia (inactive) (2008)
- Wisconsin (inactive) (2004)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (2004)
Rate : $$$