Amanda G. Halter is managing partner of the firm’s Houston office, a member of the firm’s Environmental & Natural Resources practice section and co-leader of the firm’s Crisis Management focus team. She helps companies resolve environmental liabilities and negotiate compliance conditions, as well as manage financial and reputational losses associated with a crisis.
Amanda’s experience includes a diverse array of environmental regulatory, litigation and crisis matters, including contamination investigations and remedial actions, natural resource damages assessments and claims, environment, health and safety compliance counseling, mass toxic tort actions, permitting and planning for large-scale industrial projects, and project impacts mitigation and restoration strategies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented east coast private equity firm in acquisition of unique low-level radioactive waste disposal, storage and treatment facility in Texas from previous public company owner.
- Represent low-level radioactive waste disposal, storage and treatment facility in matters before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Represent responsible parties in multiple states in various matters involving alleged groundwater contamination and contaminated sites and facilities management.
- Represented coastal desalination company in connection with decade-long bid to secure state and federal permits in California.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
- B.A., Environmental Policy, Rice University
ADMISSIONS : Texas, California
Rate : $$$$