Amy E. Martinez’s practice focuses on representing lenders, brokers, real estate investment trusts, limited partnerships, individual investors, banks, hedge funds, mortgage pools, and private investment funds.
Ms. Martinez strives to review the facts of your case from every angle in order to strategically develop a litigation plan with you. Ms. Martinez keeps the client’s concerns regarding costs at the forefront of this process as she has worked tirelessly to keep client expenses low while obtaining a successful outcome for each client.
Ms. Martinez is open to all client input and understands the need for you to have personal one-on-one communication with your attorney as litigation can be a very stressful experience.
Ms. Martinez is always available for client phone calls, emails and personal meetings, and encourages all clients to be as involved in the litigation process as they desire. As an experienced litigator, Ms. Martinez is able to navigate through the Court system, at both the State and Federal levels, and will help guide you through the process every step of the way.
- Real Estate Litigation representation – Represent clients in litigation matters including foreclosures, foreclosure defense, lender/borrower litigation, investor/LLC litigation, policyholder/title insurer litigation, and inter-bank litigation on a range of issues involving loans, including federal and state disclosure and foreclosure laws, recording and title issues, UCC issues, equitable subrogation, causes of action for violations of TILA, HOEPA, statutory broker liability, Business and Professions Code section 17200 and other statutory violations.
- Secured Creditor Bankruptcy representation – Adversary proceedings, Chapter 7, 11 and 13 general case administration matters, and protection of secured creditor’s rights by filing motions for relief from stay, opposing lien strip and cram down motions, motions to use cash collateral, and other attempts by debtor to impair the rights of clients.
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California
- Juris Doctorate summa cum laude – 2006
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Honors: Dean’s Fellow: 2005
- Law Review: Law Review, Articles Editor
- Law Review: Law Review, Staff Member
- Chapman University, Orange, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2000
Associations & Memberships:
- Board of Directors for the Anaheim Cops 4 Kids
- General Counsel to American Association of Private Lenders
- Orange County Bar Association: Business Litigation Section
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$