Anastasia N. Kaup is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. Anastasia represents a variety of financial institutions, funds, and corporate borrowers across a broad range of financing transactions, with specific focuses on fund finance and financing in distressed situations.
Anastasia’s experience with transactions during downturns as well as growth cycles distinctively positions her to assist clients with a broad range of financing-related needs at any time.
Anastasia structures, negotiates and documents complex financings domestically and internationally, at all levels of the capital structure, from the fund level to the portfolio company and asset level. She represents clients in the private equity, real estate, hedge fund, private credit, and distressed lending spaces in all varieties of transactions, including secured and unsecured, bilateral and syndicated, multicurrency and cross-border financings.
Her fund finance experience covers a wide spectrum of transactions including subscription credit facilities, management fee and general partner lines of credit, and fund of fund financings. Anastasia also assists fund-related borrowers and lenders with the analysis and negotiation of investor documents with institutional, high net worth and sovereign wealth investors.
Anastasia also has significant experience counseling clients in distressed situations. Anastasia has represented clients in some of the most complex restructuring cases in the last decade, including representing creditors in two of the largest automotive and residential mortgage-related bankruptcy cases in history.
Anastasia has substantial experience negotiating and documenting transactions involving multiple creditors, both in multi-tranche financings involving intercreditor and subordination agreements, and unitranche financings with agreements among lenders.
Clients have praised Anastasia for her creative, “level-headed and solution-oriented” approaches to transactions, superb organization, and going “above and beyond” to close transactions smoothly, efficiently, and on schedule.
Anastasia serves in multiple associate leadership positions within Mayer Brown’s Chicago office including as co-chair of the Committee of Associates and co-chair of the LGBT Resource Group. Anastasia also maintains an active pro bono practice.
- University of Utah, Honors BS, cum laude
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Activities : Co-Chair, University of Michigan Law School Class Reunion Committee
- Represented a private equity fund sponsor in multiple syndicated and bilateral credit facilities to its funds as borrowers including on subscription credit facilities for a $3.2 billion fund and a $2.1 billion fund, and on cross-border, syndicated, multicurrency leveraged financing facilities to its funds’ portfolio companies.
- Represented a hedge fund manager in connection with multiple interrelated fund of funds syndicated credit facilities to its funds as borrowers, totaling $2.2 billion dollars.
- Represented a management company and general partner of a $1.2 billion real estate fund in connection with subscription-backed credit facility and management fee line of credit.
- Represented a lender on a subscription credit facility issued to a real estate fund borrower with $120 million in capital commitments.
- Represented an international steel conglomerate as borrower on multiple syndicated, cross-border, multi-currency credit facilities, including with respect to workouts of defaults and negotiation of intercreditor agreements.
Rate : $$$