Andrew J. Colao is a partner in the New York office of Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and a leader of the Firm’s Private Equity Finance practice. He primarily represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide range of leveraged and corporate finance transactions.
With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Colao is widely recognized as a leading practitioner in structuring, negotiating and documenting financings. Chambers USA notes that clients recognize him as a “true expert in leveraged finance” who is “commercial, practical and knows exactly where the market is.”
- American Securities in first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of CPM Holdings, Inc.
- American Securities in first and second lien term and revolving facilities to finance its acquisition of Matthew Warren, Inc. (d/b/a MW Industries, Inc. (MWI)).
- American Securities in $1.4 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation.
- American Securities in $530 million multicurrency and multitranche first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation, from Arsenal Capital Management and Nordic Capital.
- American Securities in $360 million senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of Henry Company LLC.
- American Securities in first and second lien senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of NAPA Management Services Corporation.
- Aterian Investment Partners in first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.
Mr. Colao has also advised in numerous restructurings including Fairway Market, The Brock Group, Seventy Seven Energy, and Halcón Resources.
At Weil, Mr. Colao has served on the Firm Governance Committee, Investment Committee and Professional Relations Committee.
Before joining Weil, Mr. Colao practiced law with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York and clerked for Judge Lawrence M. McKenna in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Before entering law school, he was a CPA with Price Waterhouse & Co.
- New York State
- Southern District New York
- George Washington University (B.A.)
- Rutgers Univ Law (J.D.)
Rate : $$$