Andrew Schmerzler is a business attorney who concentrates his real estate practice on the acquisition, disposition, leasing, and financing of office buildings, retail centers, movie studios, multifamily residential projects, mixed-use developments, movie theaters, amusement parks, restaurants, and industrial locations for institutional, corporate, and individual clients.
Andy also has extensive experience in counseling private and public companies in a variety of industries, including the entertainment, motion picture exhibition, and professional services industries.
His corporate experience includes acting as lead attorney in the negotiation of mergers and acquisition transactions, complex joint ventures, and equity and debt financing transactions.
- Represented a movie studio in numerous transactions, including the acquisition, leasing, and sale of its studio and related office facilities in the United States; the sale of its amusement park in Germany; and its retail leasing operations
- Represented a real estate investment fund and an investment advisor in the acquisition and sale of numerous assets in the western United States, including office buildings, multifamily residential developments, and mixed-use developments, for an aggregate transaction value in excess of $850 million
- Represented an investment bank with the initial closing, servicing, and/or workout of numerous debt and equity financings of residential and golf course developments in southern California and Nevada
- Represented a national residential homebuilder in the acquisition of numerous projects in the western United States, and the negotiation of complex joint ventures with its development partners
- Represented motion picture theater owners, specialty retailers, and restaurant operators in the negotiation of numerous management agreements and leases.
- Represented several companies as outside general counsel, including one of the largest entertainment marketing companies in Los Angeles.
- J.D. UCLA School of Law 1989
- B.A. with honors University of Pennsylvania 1986
Bar Admissions : California
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Serves as hiring partner and chairman of the Hiring Committee for Venable’s Los Angeles office.
- Former member, board of directors, The Wonder of Reading
- Former member, board of trustees, Echo Horizon School
Rate : $$$$