Angelo M. Russo advises multinational corporations and individuals on antitrust and trade regulation, class action litigation, complex commercial litigation, and compliance counseling matters. He focuses on helping companies at the forefront of the healthcare and life sciences industry compete aggressively while minimizing risk.
Angelo represents plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state courts, and before arbitration tribunals. He advises companies and individuals in criminal investigations and civil litigation involving international cartels, price fixing, bid rigging, customer and market allocations, tying arrangements, exclusive dealing, bundled discounts, monopolization, attempted monopolization, and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
He represents clients before the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. He has successfully persuaded authorities to close investigations without taking enforcement action and has secured non-prosecution agreements and leniency protection for clients.
Angelo advises health care providers and clients in the life sciences industry on antitrust issues involving exclusivity clauses, tying, bundled discounts, and contract negotiation and termination.
In addition, he routinely counsels clients on a variety of antitrust issues, such as exclusive dealing, competitive information exchanges, competitor collaborations, discounting practices, price discrimination, most-favored nation provisions, non-compete agreements, distribution relationships, and group boycotts.
He assists clients with internal investigations and audits to assess compliance with the antitrust and corruption laws. He also drafts and implements national and international antitrust compliance programs and audits to reduce antitrust and corruption risk. He is a frequent speaker on numerous topics relating to antitrust, compliance, life sciences, and healthcare.
Further, Angelo has extensive experience in other complex commercial litigation matters, such as civil RICO litigation, healthcare litigation, false claims and qui tam litigation, and white-collar criminal defense.
Angelo serves on the Board of Directors for Special Olympics Illinois. He also serves on Leaders Council for Special Olympics Illinois. Angelo was recognized as one of the top individual fundraisers for the Special Olympics Illinois Polar Plunge in 2009 and 2014.
- Representation of a hospital alleging exclusive dealing, monopolization, and attempted monopolization claims against a major hospital system located in Central Illinois.
- Representation of industry-leading manufacturer in a global cartel investigation involving simultaneous government investigations in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Representation of a manufacturer in an investigation of the ready-mix concrete and cement industry by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Defense of an executive in a criminal investigation of the capacitor industry by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Development of expedited, internal investigation of possible anticompetitive behavior and secured admission into the U.S. Department of Justice’s Corporate Leniency Program.
- Development and implementation of antitrust compliance programs, as well as training programs and seminars for clients and their employees.
- Advice on a variety of pricing and distribution issues, such as resale price maintenance, exclusivity, bundled discounts, most favored nation clauses, and price discrimination.
- DePaul University College of Law, JD, with Honors, Dean’s List, Order of the Coif, Editor in Chief, DePaul Law Review, 2000
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS, Psychology, 1997
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Vice Chair, Section of Antitrust Law, Competition Torts Committee, American Bar Association, 2012-2016
- Young Lawyer Representative, Section of Antitrust Law, Corporate Counseling Committee, American Bar Association, 2011-2012
- Chair, Antitrust Law Committee, 2009-2010; Vice Chair, Antitrust Law Committee, 2008-2009, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$