Arina Lekhel’s practice focuses on the formation of private investment funds and their management, and representing these clients on an ongoing basis, including alternative investment vehicle structuring and restructuring, compliance issues and secondary transactions. Arina also represents institutional investors investing in private funds.
Arina has significant experience with domestic and offshore closed-ended funds, hedge funds and hybrid funds pursuing a variety of investment strategies, including:
- Funds of funds
- Litigation finance
- Life settlements
- Real estate
Arina regularly advises management companies in connection with internal structuring issues, such as joint venture arrangements, mergers, spin-offs, profit sharing and vesting plans, seeding transactions and risk retention vehicles.
- Negotiates investment structures for single-investor funds; managed accounts, including subadvisory agreements with leading institutional investors; Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS); and registered investment companies.
- Advises sponsors of private equity, hedge and hybrid funds in the formation and ongoing investment operations and compliance.
- Has particular experience in the design of aviation-focused funds.
- Represented an investment management firm in the third-generation succession transaction and a contemporaneous acquisition of minority stakes by two unaffiliated investors.
- Represented a number of aviation-focused funds and portfolio companies pursuing a variety of strategies in the aviation space.
- Led a team in connection with the formation of a distressed/special- situations, closed-end fund raising $2.4 billion in one closing.
- On an ongoing basis, representing an institutional investor in connection with all of its investments in private funds and managed account arrangements.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1999
- B.A., University of Arizona, summa cum laude, 1996
- New York
Rate : $$$$