Barbara Müller’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate and commercial law matters. She represents her clients in a variety of matters, including acquisitions, joint ventures, the negotiation of supply and distribution agreements, as well as operational issues such as corporate formation, tax reorganizations, business licensing and registration, and compliance.
Barbara holds law degrees in both Germany and the United States making her uniquely qualified to assist U.S. companies entering the German market and German companies expanding to the U.S. market.
She was responsible for the acquisitions of German companies by U.S. clients and the related agreements, such as employment and lease agreement. Similarly, Barbara was in charge of acquisitions of U.S. manufacturing companies by German clients.
In addition, she has successfully facilitated the resolution of a number of diverse U.S.-German issues her clients faced, such as the enforcement of German judgments in the United States, the defense against temporary restraining orders in the United States or Germany, and the representation of a German client in connection with a federal antitrust investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Barbara graduated from the University in Bonn, Germany, in 1987 and worked as a law clerk in various areas before she finished her German legal education in June 1990 with honors. In Germany, Barbara focused on European legal and business issues.
Before she came to Minnesota in 1996, she was chief of the division in the Department of European Affairs in the German state of Hesse. Since 2016, Barbara also serves as Honorary Consul of Germany for Minnesota, the Dakotas, and three western counties of Wisconsin.
- Represented Doerfer Corporation in its acquisition of Votaw Precision Technologies, Inc., a designer and manufacturer of complex aerospace and flight hardware. This transaction drew on the experience of attorneys across several departments within the firm, including corporate, real estate, and employee benefits and executive compensation.
- Represented an international supplier of automotive parts in connection with a federal antitrust investigation. We convinced the U.S. Department of Justice to drop the investigation without any charges filed against the client.
- Represented a Germany entity in its acquisition of a 45 percent ownership interest in a leading U.S. corporation in the personal protective equipment industry.
- Represented a leading laboratory testing company in its $11 million purchase of a donor eligibility and microbiology testing laboratory.
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1998
- Appellate Court in Düsseldorf, Germany, Second Law State Exam, 1990
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany, First Law State Exam, 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County District Bar Association, International Business Law Section and Business Law Section
- German-American Law Association
- Chief of Division, Department of European Affairs of Hesse, Wiesbaden/Germany, 1993-1996
- Assistant to General Secretary, German Section of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions, 1990-1993
Rate : $$$$