Brock S. Weber is a litigator with extensive first chair experience helping clients succeed in their complex intellectual property disputes.
Brock focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent litigation and trade secrets disputes. He handles matters through trial, but takes pride in developing strategies for successful early resolution. His technical background includes industry experience as a software engineer, a systems analyst and web developer.
Brock has successfully litigated all aspects of patent disputes, in particular, including through trial and in Covered Business Method and inter partes review proceedings. Brock represents global clients in industries such as semiconductor design and fabrication, wireless communications, distributed processing, remote storage, network security, network communications, digital media, medical device, video game technology and chemical processes.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented leading internet companies in consolidated patent infringement actions related to distributed processing technology; obtained judgment on the pleadings invalidating all three asserted patents for claiming unpatentable subject matter; the judgment was affirmed by the Federal Circuit (Fed. Cir.); (N.D. Cal.).
- Counseled a social networking company in a patent infringement action relating to online marketplaces; obtained dismissal of litigation after successfully invalidating the asserted patent in a Covered Business Method review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (D. Del.); (PTAB).
- Defended a leading technology company through trial on three patents that covered searching and indexing technology; obtained complete defense victory on JMOL with potential damages exceeding $1 billion (E.D. Tex.).
- Counseled a leading technology company in a patent suit concerning digital rights management and encryption technology (N.D. Cal.).
- Counsel for a music technology company in a trade secrets action concerning computer software for management and cloud storage of music files (D. Mass)
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2008
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Wisconsin, 2003
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$