Bruce C. Haas focuses his practice on complex patent litigation. Bruce has extensive courtroom experience and has served as lead trial counsel in patent infringement litigations involving pharmaceuticals and mechanical devices.
He is known for his hard work and practical advice (IAM World’s Leading Patent Practitioners2016) and for providing “practical solutions to difficult problems” (Legal 500, 2013), being “outstanding strategically and tactically,” having a “good understanding of business and legal considerations relative to the dispute he is handling,” and being “a good communicator and extraordinarily responsive” (U.S. News – Best Lawyers, 2010-11).
Bruce has wide experience in contested patent office proceedings including inter partesreview and post grant review proceedings, patent evaluations, and opinion work.
- Unigene Laboratories and Upsher-Smith Laboratories on a patent to Fortical®, an osteoporosis drug.
- ElringKlinger against Federal-Mogul on patents relating to automotive gaskets.
- Monsanto Co. & Johnson Controls, Inc. against Continental Can on plastic bottle technology.
- Upsher Smith Laboratories against Schering Plough on potassium products.
- Eltech Systems against Engelhard and Electrocatalytic Inc. on electrocatalytic cell technology.
- Dupont against Akzo on high strength fiber (Kevlar®) technology.
- J.D. cum laude Indiana University 1983
- B.S. EngineeringUnited States Military Academy at West Point 1975
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$