Bryan P. Bylica focuses on private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and securities and corporate finance. He routinely works with independent sponsors and capital providers, including family offices, in all levels of the capital stack to put together lower middle market deals across a breadth of industries.
He also advises emerging-growth and early-stage companies, particularly in the technology space, as they work to advance their business objectives and goals. Bryan works to provide value beyond just legal services by opening doors for clients through thoughtful introductions and networking opportunities.
He has significant experience representing Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC Funds) and Rural Business Investment Companies (RBIC Funds). He also regularly represents institutional investors, pension plans, and endowments making private equity, venture capital, and hedge fund investments.
- Representation of venture capital, mezzanine and buyout private equity funds in their formation, fundraising, administration and investing.
- Representation of investment funds in the formation, licensing and operation of Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC Funds).
- Representation of investment funds in the formation, licensing and operation of Rural Business Investment Companies (RBIC Funds).
- Representation of community, regional and national banks in connection with their investments in SBIC Funds.
- Representation of private college in connection with the transition of its endowment investments to a private fund manager.
- Representation of Inpro/Seal in its sale of assets to Waukesha Bearings, an operating division of Dover Corporation.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the sale of its factoring business to a Texas state bank.
- Representation of a SBIC mezzanine fund in investment in a propane distribution company.
- Representation of a SBIC mezzanine fund in a high precision powder metal component manufacturer.
- Representation of an investment capital firm in its $125 million investment in an intermodal chassis leasing company.
- Representation of early stage investor consortium in connection with multiple bridge financings.
- Loyola University Chicago, MBA, Dean’s Honors, 2009
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2009
- University of Notre Dame, BBA, Finance, cum laude, 2006
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Notre Dame Club of Chicago
Rate : $$$$