Carla Wirtschafter is an associate in the Global Regulatory Enforcement Group. Carla’s areas of practice include complex commercial litigation matters, including lawsuits involving business disputes and matters in securities law and business crimes.
She also conducts internal investigations and represents companies and individuals in both civil and criminal government investigations. Carla has litigation experience in federal, state and bankruptcy courts.
Carla also has significant experience in employment litigation, defending lawsuits asserting a variety of employment related claims, including wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, and harassment claims. She also assists clients with trademark and copyright prosecution.
In addition, Carla serves on the Board of the Loyola Law School Project for the Innocent. During law school, she worked closely on two cases that resulted in the exoneration of two wrongfully convicted individuals.
- Loyola Law School, 2013, J.D.
- Northwestern University, 2010, B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- State Supreme Court – California
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- Successfully defended and obtained the dismissal of multiple lawsuits, brought in multiple venues, on behalf of a public company asserting various claims arising from its acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented an international fitness company in multiple lawsuits brought by former employees asserting various employment related claims, including claims of wage and hour violations, discrimination and harassment.
- Defends corporate and individual clients in investigations regarding potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and False Claims Act.
- Defended individuals in investigations of potential violations of Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including securities fraud and insider trading.
- Conducts internal investigations for clients in a variety of industries, including confidential internal investigations of alleged violations of company policy.
Rate : $$$