Casey K. Fleming is a partner at Foley & Lardner LLP where she focuses her practice on employee benefits and executive compensation. Ms. Fleming’s employee benefits work includes advising private and public employers on the issues that affect retirement plans, health and welfare benefit plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, executive compensation and severance arrangements, and employment agreements.
Ms. Fleming earned her law degree, magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University School of Law. While in law school, she was involved with the Community Legal Practice Center, a clinic which provides free legal representation to indigent clients.
Ms. Fleming earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Sweet Briar College where she graduated as the Valedictorian of her class.
Ms. Fleming also completed Future Milwaukee, a leadership training and community involvement program offered through Marquette University in Milwaukee.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Ms. Fleming is admitted to practice in Wisconsin and is a member of the American Bar Association, Wisconsin Bar Association and Milwaukee Bar Association.
Representative Matters :
- Equity sale of clinical research organization with focus on drug and drug device development for life science companies.
- Represented a large manufacturing client and responded to a claim by the participant’s authorized representative under a self-insured group health plan regarding the adequacy of the plan’s adverse benefit determinations, calculation of “reasonable and customary” charges, claims and appeals filing deadlines, and internal limitations period.
- Reviewed participant disclosure material for compliance with Department of Labor’s final fee disclosure regulations and negotiated changes with third party administrator on behalf of a manufacturing employer.
- Counseled a hospital employer on establishing a self-insured group health plan, including reviewing third-party administrative services agreement and summary plan description, and drafting HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Updated the summary plan description covering a public company’s welfare benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life, and disability) to incorporate design changes and amendments required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, such as new claims, appeals, and external review procedures.
- Provide ongoing benefits counsel to a public manufacturing company with respect to qualified and nonqualified retirement plans and welfare benefit arrangements.
- Provided ongoing benefits counsel to a Fortune 100 company with respect to qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, and executive and director compensation arrangements.
Rate : $$$