Charles E. Carey is a nationally recognized public finance attorney who handles a broad range of revenue bond financings. He serves as bond counsel and counsel to underwriters on financings around the country, with a particular focus on Massachusetts and New York.
He is primarily involved in financings for affordable residential developments, sports facilities, and public transportation. Charles has been consistently ranked, across publications, among the top attorneys in Boston and New York for over 10 years.
Charles has extensive experience in taxable and tax-exempt revenue bond financings. He has broad experience in the areas of general revenue bonds and disclosure.
He has been directly involved as bond counsel and counsel for the underwriters with respect to financings by numerous issuers around the country, including New York State Housing Finance Agency, State of New York Dormitory Authority, Empire State Development, Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency, and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Charles has been a frequent speaker on the topics of disclosure and multifamily housing programs.
- Represented the New York State Housing Financing Agency as bond counsel for the remarketing of the 2008 West 37th Street Housing Revenue Bonds.
- Represented MassHousing in connection with the refinement of a program in partnership with FFB and HUD for the purchase of participation interests in MassHousing loans that participate in HUD’s Risk Sharing Program, ultimately allowing lower interest rates to improve and preserve affordable rental housing.
- Represented MassHousing in connection with all of their multi-family programs for over 20 years. In 2017, we served as bond counsel to MassHousing in connection with 10 bond issues totalling approximately $350,000,000 and 2 note issues totalling over $100,000,000 and issuer counsel in connection with their Federal Financing Bank Participation Certificate Program.
- St. John’s University (JD)
- University of Scranton (BS)
ADMISSIONS : California, Massachusetts, New York
Rate : $$$$