Christiane A. Roussell is a career-long employment attorney and human resources authority who advises and represents companies at every stage of their life cycle, from startups and emerging companies to mature public and private companies.In her litigation practice, Christiane represents employers in complex and single-plaintiff labor and employment matters, including wage and hour class and collective actions, and litigation of claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, employee raiding, and trade secrets.
She has experience as outside counsel for employers in various industries and in-house for employers in the technology and entertainment industries. She has extensive experience in state and federal courts and administrative agencies throughout California, arbitration, private mediation, judicial settlement conferences, and pre-litigation negotiations.
Christiane provides human resources and employment-related counseling and training to employers on a wide variety of issues, including recruiting, hiring, performance management, discipline, transfers, medical-related accommodations, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, contingent labor, reductions in force, and workplace violence. She also conducts workplace investigations and audits of workplace policies and procedures.
In her litigation practice, Christiane represents employers in complex and single-plaintiff labor and employment matters, including wage and hour class and collective actions, and litigation of claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, employee raiding, and trade secrets.
- Senior Counsel, Employment, 21st Century Fox, Los Angeles, 2016-2017
- Associate, Hunton & Williams LLP, Los Angeles, 2014-2015; 2009-2013
- Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, Los Angeles, 2006-2009
Professional & Community Activities:
- Davis Wright Tremaine Diversity Ambassador, Los Angeles Office
- Chair, Nominations Committee, 2017; Board Member, 2017 – California ChangeLawyers (formerly California Bar Foundation)
- Chair, Ambassadors Council, 2016; Ambassadors Council, 2015-2018 – California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP)
- President, 2015; Board Member, 2009-2012, 2014, 2016 – John M. Langston Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA), 2015-2017
- Board Member, 2010-2014; Chair, Education Committee, 2012-2013 – State Bar California Young Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee Member, 2011-2013; Chair, Government Relations Committee, 2012-2013 – Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Barristers
- Human Resource Management Certificate, Loyola Marymount University, 2009
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School, 2006
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program
- Executive Director, USC Street Law
- B.A., English, Minor in Inter-Arts and Theology, Georgetown University, 2003, cum laude
Rate : $$$$