Christopher Bjornson represents companies who provide satellite, Internet, wireless telecommunications, and video programming services, before the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and other foreign and domestic government agencies.
Chris has extensive experience in major telecommunications transactions, complex licensing matters, regulatory rulemakings, and compliance matters. His transaction-related experience includes coordinating FCC approvals for multi-billion dollar transactions, leading diligence and compliance efforts that have removed impediments to closing transactions, gaining expedited approvals for license transfers, and opposing major transactions.
Chris’ regulatory, licensing and compliance experience spans a wide variety of communications law subject matters, representing clients before the FCC with complex satellite, wireless and experimental licensing applications, universal service appeals, and video programming issues.
- US Delegate, 2015 World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-15)
- Member, Federal Advisory Committee for WRC-19
- Co-chair, FCBA Access to Government Committee (2002-2010, 2017-present)
- Co-chair, FCBA International Committee (2016-2017)
- Co-chair, FCBA Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2010-2016)
- Advisory Board, Bill Archer Center of the University of Texas System (2005-present)
- J.D., Catholic University of America, magna cum laude; Associate Editor, Catholic University Law Review
- M.P.Aff., University of Texas, LBJ School of Public Affairs
- B.J., University of Texas
Rate : $$$