Christopher S. Heroux is a partner in the Denver and Houston offices of Lewis Brisbois, and is Vice Chair of the National Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Heroux has a wide-ranging business and real estate practice across several industries.
A business-savvy attorney and trusted advisor to client business teams, Mr. Heroux represents local, national, and international businesses in the full range of business transactions and operations projects, including: mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures and project development; business formation and consulting; general corporate and business governance; capital formation; commercial and operations contracts; employment, contractor, and distribution agreements; vendor and customer agreements; master service and supply agreements; and lending and project finance.
In real estate, Mr. Heroux has significant experience in all phases of commercial real estate matters, including the purchase, sale, exchange, development, construction, financing, leasing, and management of commercial, retail, and industrial real estate. Mr. Heroux has also handled numerous tenant-in-common projects governed by Rev. Proc. 2022-22, and CMBS loan defeasance transactions.
In energy, Mr. Heroux represents oil, gas and mining companies in all aspects of their operations: business transactions and contracts; merger, acquisition, and sale agreements; participation, development, and leasing transactions; title examination; drilling and operating agreements; gathering, transportation, and terminal agreements; acquisition and transfer of water rights; fluid management and disposal services; and product purchase, sale, and processing agreements.
Mr. Heroux has also worked with renewable energy developers on solar and wind projects from concept to commercial operation, including: site control; permitting and land use; project development, power purchase, and operational contracts; construction and EPC agreements; and tax equity financing.
In banking and finance, Mr. Heroux has experience in the formation of trust companies; mergers and acquisitions of state and national chartered banks; commercial lending including C&I, asset-based and specialty asset secured loans; loan participation agreements; project finance; lending regulatory matters; common trust fund products; and credit restructuring and workouts.
Mr. Heroux serves as adjunct professor at The University of Tulsa Collins College of Business School of Energy Economics, Policy, and Commerce, and is a regular speaker and instructor on a wide range of emerging natural resources topics.
- The University of Tulsa College of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors
- Loyola University of Chicago, Bachelor of Arts
- State Bar Admissions,
- Colorado Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Denver Bar Association (Natural Resources and Energy Section)
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
Representative Matters :
- Represented family trust in sale of oil and gas production and service companies to U.S. public company for $526 million.
- Represented family office in investment in STACK joint venture company and related PIPE investment in Canadian publicly traded E&P company for $23 million.
- Represented investor group in promoting 40,000+ acre wildcat development, including $22 million private placement agreements, participation and development agreements, and support for all phases of the project.
- Represented publicly traded midstream energy company in pipeline right-of-way agreements, and oil purchase agreements, including negotiation of issues presented by the Sabine bankruptcy line case.
- Represented publicly traded and private E&P companies in negotiation of oil and gas investments, joint operating agreements, and pooling agreements and proceedings in Oklahoma, Colorado, North Dakota, and Texas.
- Represented U.S. drilling company in Master Consulting Agreement and Services Agreements with international project development company and Sonatrach, the Algerian national oil company.
- Represented nationwide multifamily development companies in negotiating oil and gas leases in Barnett Shale in North Texas.
- Represented privately held hard mineral mining exploration and production company in acquisition, financing, and development transactions involving two placer gold mining operations in Alaska.
Mr. Heroux has worked earlier in his career at regional and national law firms in Denver, Tulsa, and Houston. He began his career as a trial attorney, and has extensive experience in handling oil and gas, business, real estate, and financial disputes.
Rate : $$$