Christopher “Chris” L. Lucas takes a results-focused, problem-solving, solutions-oriented approach to finance and restructuring matters. Regardless of the industry, Chris applies a business-minded viewpoint to help his clients successfully achieve their goals in an efficient manner.
Chris takes a results-focused, problem-solving, solutions-oriented approach to finance and restructuring matters. Regardless of the industry, Chris applies a business-minded viewpoint to help his clients successfully achieve their goals in an efficient manner.
Chris has represented a wide range of institutional and non-institutional clients, working with them on commercial financing transactions, multiple currency loans, letters of credit and acquisition loans, factoring transactions, loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy, and creditor’s rights.
His practice has a particular focus on technology lending and venture debt financing, representing lenders as they secure multimillion-dollar lines of credit and growth capital term loans to companies in the e-commerce, software, hardware, SaaS, HaaS, fintech, constructech, pharmatech, cleantech, insurtech, healthcare and life sciences sectors.
Chris also has experience in asset-based lending, commercial lending, real estate lending, factoring and secured financings to government contractors, venture capital and private equity firms, franchisees, high net worth individuals, and healthcare providers.
Further, Chris is adept at handling international transactions. His experience includes financing transactions in Israel, Canada, the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Malaysia, and Europe.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a secured lender in a $6 million accounts receivable line of credit to a cleantech energy storage company and its Canadian subsidiary.
- Represented a lender in a $7 million secured growth capital term loan and $5 million secured accounts receivable line of credit to a data storage company.
- Represented a factor in structuring a $14 million factoring facility with a government contracts company.
- Represented a secured lender in the successful workout/restructuring of $170 million secured revolving and term loans.
- Represented a secured lender in a $3 million growth capital term loan to a SaaS-based data analytics platform company.
- Represented a secured lender in a $7 million term loan to a developer and manufacturer of autonomous robots.
- Represented a senior secured lender in a $5 million term loan to a manufacturer of rockets for the deployment of satellites.
- Represented a secured lender in a $1.5 million acquisition loan to a high-tech company to finance the acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented a secured lender in the successful workout/restructuring of a $7.5 million asset-based loan.
- Represented a secured lender in a $2 million growth capital term loan and a $1 million revolving line of credit to a software company.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Virginia Bar Association
- Board of Governors, The City Tavern Club, Washington, D.C.
Professional Experience : Economic Analyst, Capital Economics, 2000-2001
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Dean’s List, 2004, Managing Editor, Michigan State Law Review; Who’s Who Among American Law Students, 2003
- Virginia Military Institute, B.A., with distinction, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Departmental Honors in Economics and Business, Dean’s List, 2000, Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2000
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$