Clint A. Corrie is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. Mr. Corrie focuses his practice primarily in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on banking, securities litigation, and arbitrations before FINRA panels.
He represents broker-dealers, investment advisers, wealth management advisers, hedge funds and private equity firms and their professionals in a wide range of securities matters including sales practices, customer complaints, suitability and supervisory claims, regulatory inquiries, investigations, and FINRA and SEC enforcement proceedings.
Mr. Corrie is experienced in a broad range of commercial litigation and arbitration claims having tried jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts, and before national and international arbitral tribunals.
He has extensive experience prosecuting and defending clients in trade secrets, covenants-not-to-compete, and related intellectual and employment-related litigation involving injunctions and extraordinary relief.
Mr. Corrie has extensive experience in professional liability matters and coverage involving financial institution bonds. He has represented national banks and credit unions in litigation between financial institutions, involving syndicated loans and participations.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1983
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, N.C., Bachelor of Arts with Honors
- State Bar Admissions, Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Texas Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Texas Court of Appeals
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Global Education Center, Advisory Board
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration, Advisory Board
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association – Compliance and Legal Section
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section
- DFW Financial Services Counsel Roundtable
- Dallas Bar Association, Member: Securities Section, Tort and Insurance Section, Business Litigation Section, Blockchain Study Group
Representative Cases :
- Republic Metals Corp v Mulligan Mint, 2013 WL 12087451 (trial order) (Aug 9,2013) (Denying Defendants Motion to Dismiss based on forum selection clause and lack of standing)
- Pansey Yankey v Eliz. Hollweg Rivera, 2013 WL 3365261 (expungement under FINRA Rule 2080 of broker’s CRD approved)
- McGregor FIN OY v Gulf Coast Holdings, Inc. ICC Case No.12 142/SNK (ICC award for unpaid charges for elevator trunks and for attorneys fees)
- Stroman Realty Inc v Jim Antt, Jeff Davi, Comms’rs of Real Estate, State of California et al., 528 F3d 382 (5th Cir.2008) (vacated and rendered district court opinion ; general jurisdiction could not be asserted on basis that Florida and California agencies had business offices in Texas ; Fla and California officials did not invoke specific jurisdiction)
Rate : $$$