Cody T. Vasut is a problem solver who happens to be an attorney. He is an organized, efficient and effective advocate for his clients with extensive experience litigating complex commercial, personal injury, misappropriation of trade secrets, and employment discrimination matters
- Defended oil and gas operator and oilfield services company in multi-million-dollar personal injury lawsuit, handling all discovery, drafting and arguing discovery and dispositive motions, and serving as lead associate during two-week jury trial. Obtained summary judgment on claims against employer services company and take-nothing judgment in favor of operator.
- Defended energy client and affiliates in multiple personal injury lawsuits across Texas and the United States, coordinating discovery, drafting and arguing motions, preparing for and taking depositions, and assisting with settlement discussions and multiple mediations.
- Defended energy company in an employment discrimination case. Handled discovery. Resulted in a settlement significantly below the plaintiff’s original request.
- Represented healthcare client in a breach of contract case concerning in-home nursing services. Filed pleadings and affidavits. Obtained a default judgment.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Brazoria County Bar Association: Secretary of the Board of Directors
- Angleton City Council, Position 5: Elected May 2016
- Brazoria County Cities Association: Second Vice President
- Revive Young Adult Fellowship, Inc.: Founder and President of the Board of Directors
- Pregnancy Help Center of Brazosport: Member of the Board of Directors
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2012, summa cum laude, Valedictorian, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barons, Dean’s Scholarship, Houston Law Review, Board 49 Publishing Editor
- M.S., Management, Texas A&M University, 2011, 37th Speaker of the Student Senate
- B.B.A., Management, Texas A&M University, 2008, summa cum laude, Speaker Pro Tempore of the Student Senate
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$