Corey Chivers is a partner in Weil’s Capital Markets practice. He has represented corporations, investment banks, national governments and multinational financial institutions in a wide range of public and private securities offerings, including initial public offerings, major high-yield transactions and investment grade debt offerings.
Mr. Chivers has advised clients on a wide range of transactions:
- Debt Capital Markets: representations include hundreds of high-yield and investment grade debt offerings with an aggregate deal value of more than $120 billion, including offerings by Microsoft (representing the underwriters), General Electric, Synchrony Financial (representing the underwriters), H&R Block, Mastercard, AMC Entertainment, Estée Lauder, C.R. Bard and Willis Towers Watson.
- IPOs and Equity Offerings: representations include IPOs and over 15 $1 billion+ global equity offerings, including the IPOs of Dave & Buster’s and Synchrony Financial.
- Liability management: represented General Electric in its $36 billion debt exchange offer and General Motors in its $27 billion SEC registered exchange offer.
- Significant cross-border experience, particularly Latin America: worked on transactions in 24 countries worldwide, including throughout Europe and Latin America.
Mr. Chivers is the author of the book Due Diligence in Securities Offerings (Law Journal Press 2015).
Mr. Chivers is a graduate of the Columbia University School of Law, where he was named a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar in 1989, 1990 and 1991. Prior to entering private practice, he served a federal judicial clerkship on the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- District of Columbia
- New York State
- Brigham Young University (B.A., 1988)
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 1991)
Rate : $$$