A skilled litigator with over 30 years of trial experience, Courtney B. Wilson has tried employment cases before judges, juries and arbitrators throughout Florida, appearing in all state and federal trial courts and in administrative proceedings.
In addition, he has handled multiple appeals in the United States Supreme Court, the Circuit Courts of Appeal, and the state appellate courts throughout Florida. Courtney’s practice includes:
- Prosecuting and defending non-compete, unfair competition and trade secret claims
- Litigating complex employment contract claims
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation including class action
- Defending public accommodation claims under Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Independent contractor/employee misclassification claims
Courtney’s experience ranges from representing small employers defending single plaintiff cases to acting as lead counsel for a Fortune 10 multi-national corporation in a nationwide class action.
Recently, Courtney has successfully defended a major multi-national technology company in several class actions, and secured a precedent-setting appellate court decision holding on-demand service providers were correctly classified as independent contractors.
Courtney chairs Littler’s Appellate Practice Procedure Sub-Group, and also founded Littler’s Americans with Disabilities Title III (public access) Practice Group. Prior to joining Littler, Courtney served in several leadership roles with the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Florida Bar, serving as Chair of the Section in 2002-03, and developed the initial standards for board certification of labor and employment lawyers in Florida.
In 2001, Courtney was one of only five Miami lawyers recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the category of Labor and Employment Law, and he has been selected for inclusion in every edition from 2001 to 2017.
- J.D., Levin College of Law at University of Florida, 1986
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, Florida Bar, 2002-2003
- Former Member, Executive Council, Labor and Employment Law Section, Florida Bar
Rate : $$$$