Creighton Macy has extensive experience representing clients in a wide variety of antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, investigations by the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission, private litigation, and counselling on issues such as antitrust compliance.
Before joining the Firm, Creighton served as chief of staff and senior counsel in the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, working as a senior advisor to the acting assistant attorney general on civil and criminal antitrust enforcement and policy matters, as well as budget and personnel issues.
During Creighton’s time at the DOJ, the Antitrust Division undertook an unprecedented volume of high-profile civil and criminal matters. Creighton began his career as a trial attorney in the Litigation III and Transportation, Energy, and Agriculture sections of the Antitrust Division, working on a number of notable merger and civil non-merger investigations and cases.
Before rejoining the Antitrust Division as its chief of staff he was a member of another global law firm’s antitrust practice, where he advised clients on a wide range of US and international antitrust issues.
In his role as chair of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law Trade, Sports, and Professional Associations Committee, Creighton regularly speaks and publishes articles relating to a variety of antitrust issues.
Creighton advises clients on all aspects of the antitrust regulatory and litigation process. He has experience in a diverse range of sectors such as software, media, semiconductor, financial services, agriculture, pharmaceutical, sports, consumer goods, aviation, music, and motion pictures.
- Marquette University (JD cum laude) (2008)
- Marquette University (BA cum laude) (2004)
- District of Columbia~United States (2011)
- Virginia~United States (2008)
- Wisconsin~United States (2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Trade, Sports, and Professional Associations Committee, Section of Antitrust Law – Chair
- Marquette University Law School, Alumni Board – Board Member and Washington, DC Representative
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised the acting assistant attorney general, as well as other senior enforcers and prosecutors, on merger, civil non-merger, and criminal matters before the Antitrust Division.
- Served as the Antitrust Division’s liaison to the offices of the attorney general, deputy attorney general, and associate attorney generals.
- Served as chief of staff and senior counsel during a number of trial victories, by the Antitrust Division, including its successful merger challenges of two proposed insurance company acquisitions.
- Represented companies and individuals being investigated for criminal antitrust violations by the Antitrust Division, including in some of the Antitrust Division’s most recent international cartel investigations.
- Represented a leading search engine during the FTC’s civil non-merger investigation, which the FTC closed with a unanimous vote.
- Advised a leading online car auction company on its acquisition of a competitor in an investigation by the Federal Trade Commission.
Rate : $$$