Cullan E. Jones represents management in resolving their complex labor, employment, and related business disputes. Cullan represents employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters.
He counsels employers on compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws, represents employers in administrative proceedings before federal and state agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, and the National Labor Relations Board, and in employment litigation. Cullan also provides strategic advice to clients on a full range of labor and employment issues.
He takes a pragmatic, results-oriented approach to advising clients. He understands that in any advice situation, the legal answer is only one part of the equation, and his advice is most valuable if it can be used to achieve the client’s business objectives.
Cullan is a frequent author on labor and employment matters, and he is a contributing author to the firm’s Employment & Labor Perspectives blog.
Prior to joining the firm, Cullan worked for the US Congress litigating and counseling on a variety of federal labor and employment statutes made applicable to the legislative branch under the Congressional Accountability Act.
He is admitted to practice in the US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the Northern District of Illinois; the US Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh and Federal Circuits; and the state courts of Florida and Washington, DC.
- Represents employers in lawsuits and agency proceedings in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, employment torts, contract disputes, retaliation, and alleged violations of the FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, OSHA, and FCRA, including class action defense.
- Counsels employers with respect to all facets of the employer-employee relationship, including discrimination and harassment issues, wage and hour issues, safety and health issues, restrictive covenants, and confidentiality agreements.
- Defends class and collective action lawsuits alleging statutory employment violations, including wage and hour violations, position misclassification under the Fair Labor Standards Act and violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act flowing from the conduct of performing criminal background checks.
- Conducts internal investigations, and advises on internal investigations conducted by third-parties, involving discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Represents employers in the defense of unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board and charges of discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- JD, Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- BA, University of Florida, cum laude, 2007
- District of Columbia
- Attorney, Congressional Office of Compliance
- Governor, Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors
- Liaison, Florida Bar Out-of-State Division
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
Rate : $$$