Daniel E. Rohner is a trial lawyer that concentrates his practice on complex commercial disputes. Over the past 17 years, Dan has handled a wide variety of business lawsuits for both well-known national companies, and regional, local and small businesses.
Dan has successfully represented clients from numerous industries on claims relating to breaches of contract, securities fraud, employment and labor disputes, trade secret protection issues, class actions, intellectual property disputes, lender liability actions, business torts and insurance coverage disputes.
Dan has significant trial experience in both federal and state courts, as well as extensive experience before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the American Arbitration Association. Dan also has a particular knowledge in appellate representation, having been a judicial clerk for the chief justice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Dan begins every engagement with a detailed discussion of client risks, opportunities, needs, options and goals. Dan then develops, refines and executes strategic litigation plans with an eye towards reaching a successful, timely and cost-effective resolution of the dispute.
Dan’s ultimate goal is to become and remain a trusted advisor to each of his clients; providing first-rate legal knowledge and service at an exceptional value.
Along with his litigation practice, Dan counsels and represents clients in various transactional matters. On behalf of banks and other lenders, Dan routinely reviews and revises loan documentation for secured transactions.
On behalf of employers, Dan has drafted employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, nondisclosure and noncompete agreements, employee handbooks and various HR policies and procedures.
Dan also has experience drafting and reviewing licensing agreements, dealer and vendor relationship agreements, and many other agreements defining contractual relationships in various industries.
- Successfully resolved securities fraud claims against Colorado corporation brought by over 40 Plaintiffs from 17 different states.
- Secured summary judgment and complete dismissal of all claims against real estate development company accused of securities fraud. Plaintiff was seeking damages in excess of $1.7 million.
- Successful defense of commercial bank against tort claims and a request for declaratory judgment asserted by borrower arising out of a failed real estate development. All claims against the bank were dismissed as a matter of law.
- Successful defense of financial firm and key employee against claims that the employee violated a non-compete agreement with a former employer. Plaintiff sought a temporary and permanent injunction, as well as significant damages.
- Defeated claim for temporary injunctive relief against former CEO and CFO accused of breaching employment agreements and engaging in unfair competition.
- Obtained a substantial recovery on behalf of a landlord against a commercial tenant that abandoned its leased premises.
- Successful defense of security services company in multi-million dollar claim for negligence and breach of contract. Court granted motion to dismiss all claims and awarded attorney’s fees.
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 1996
- Order of St. Ives
- Graduated fifth of 228
- Denver Law Review, General Editor
- Moot Court Trial Team
- B.A., Hamilton College, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- The Colorado Bar
- Denver Bar Association
- Applewood Knolls Swim Team, Board
- Colorado Ice Soccer Club, Coach
- Denver School of the Arts DPSO, Department Liaison
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Jefferson County Board of Education, Technology Data Privacy Advisory Committee
- Jefferson County Leadership Program (2012)
- Rocky Mountain Child Law Center, Volunteer Lawyer
- West Metro Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$