Daniel Solitro is a litigation Partner in Locke Lord’s Los Angeles office who handles a broad range of commercial disputes. His practice focuses on complex business disputes, with an emphasis on real estate and financial litigation and consumer class actions.
Mr. Solitro has handled numerous matters in federal and state courts in California and other jurisdictions throughout the United States, as well before various arbitration tribunals. Mr. Solitro has successfully represented a wide range of clients, including financial institutions, loan servicers, and commercial real estate owners and developers.
He also represents manufacturers, marketers, and distributors of food, cosmetics and dietary supplements in consumer class action cases, including claims of false advertising and unfair competition.
Prior to joining Locke Lord, Mr. Solitro served as a law clerk for the Honorable Emilio M. Garza, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. Mr. Solitro also worked as an associate in the Century City office of law firm Irell & Manella, LLP.
Representative Experience :
- Defend retailer in a putative class action alleging that aloe vera gel sold by retailer does not contain detectable aloe vera.
- Extensive experience counseling clients on issues relating to California’s Proposition 65 and other warning, labeling and disclosure requirements for retailers in California.
- Representing a homeowners’ association in a case worth over $95 million involving significant lease and contract questions resolved for the association. The case also involves matters of first impression regarding the interpretation of a new statute in California, Civil Code section 1098 et seq., and the application of a fee assessed by an original developer against the homeowners
- Represented a real estate property developer in a dispute relating to the development of a boutique hotel and residence in downtown San Francisco. Matter settled on favorable terms for his client
- Represented a real estate development company against multiple lawsuits arising out of a residential development project in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Member of a trial team defending a leading payroll processing company and its affiliates of claims arising out of a license agreement for payroll processing software in several related actions proceeding to trial
- Represented a Chinese film distributor and investor in an Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) arbitration proceedings involving its investment in an independent film
- Represented a national restaurant chain in a matter consolidated by a MDL panel alleging federal and state wage and hour claims
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Irell & Manella LLP
- Law Clerk, Hon. Emilio M. Garza, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2004
- B.S., Cell & Molecular, History, cum laude, Tulane University, 1999
- New York, 2005
- California, 2006
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$