David Eisman is head of Skadden’s Entertainment Group and a member of the firm’s Financial Oversight and Audit Committee. He has a broad range of experience in mergers and acquisitions, securities law matters, partnerships, financings, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Mr. Eisman represents clients in the media and entertainment, gaming, investment banking, technology, apparel, publishing and retail industries, among others. He also is a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group, advising on family office and fund formation matters, and the firm’s Cybersecurity Group.
Mr. Eisman has repeatedly been selected by The Hollywood Reporter (2015-18) as one of Hollywood’s Top Power Lawyers in media and entertainment transactions, and he was recognized as the 2017 Entertainment Attorney of the Year by the Los Angeles Business Journal. Mr. Eisman also was recognized by Variety in its 2017 and 2015 Dealmakers Impact Report and Legal Impact Report, which highlights top attorneys working in film, television and digital media.
He was a key member of the deal team recognized in The Recorder’s 2017 Corporate Department of the Year contest, in which Skadden took top honors in the U.S. M&A and Cross-Border M&A categories.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1993
- B.S., The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1990 (magna cum laude)
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1990 (magna cum laude)
Admissions : California
- Member, UCLA Entertainment Symposium Advisory Board
- Board of Directors, FBI L.A. Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Entertainment Law Section
- Past Chairman, L.A. County Bar Association — Business and Corporations Law Section
- Executive Committee, L.A. County Bar Association — Business and Corporations Law Section
Rate : $$$