David A. Katz is an associate in Venable’s Labor and Employment Practice Group. His practice includes litigation and counseling in both employment and traditional labor matters on behalf of clients in the education, hospitality, and healthcare industries, among others.
David has represented clients in both state and federal courts, and before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and New York State Division of Human Rights. He also has experience representing clients in the arbitration forum.
David’s litigation experience includes, among other things, discrimination, breach of contract, unjust termination, wage and hour, and unfair labor practice issues. He routinely counsels employers on wage and hour compliance, non-competition agreements, employment and separation agreements, and the development of employee policies.
He also maintains an active pro bono practice, frequently advising clients on various matters of employment law. Prior to joining Venable, David worked as a litigation associate at Jones Day, where he assisted in discovery issues and motion practice.
David graduated from New York University School of Law, where he was an executive articles editor for the NYU Annual Survey of American Law. While a law student, David served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Mary L. Cooper of the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Business Administration, magna cum laude, from Boston University.
- Negotiating a favorable settlement for a major hospitality industry client in a breach of contract matter
- Managing all stages of arbitration in an unjust termination matter for a major hospitality client
- Assisting in negotiation of favorable settlement for educational institution in connection with federal and state wage and hour claims
- Overseeing all aspects of discovery and attaining dismissal of product liability claims against manufacturing client
- J.D. New York University School of Law 2013
- B.S. Hospitality Business Administration magna cum laude Boston University 2009
Bar Admissions : New York, New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$