David Allen practices in litigation for a broad variety of clients. He has been trying lawsuits for more than 30 years with close to 100 juries empaneled during that time. He regularly represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies, manufacturing and chemical companies, local governments,and corporations in complex business litigation in federal and state courts throughout the region.
Mr. Allen also represents excess carriers on high value matters, both actively and as monitoring counsel. A former president of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (NCADA).
Mr. Allen is a frequent lecturer on substantive and technical aspects of trial practice for numerous sponsors of continuing legal education presentations, having addressed both the NCADA and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in recent years. Mr. Allen is an elected councilor of the North Carolina State Bar and a former chair of its Ethics Committee.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, JD (1980)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, AB (1977)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$