Dayna C. Nicholson focuses her practice on health care-related matters, such as licensing and other regulatory compliance, peer review and credentialing, and corporate and medical staff governance. Her clients include hospitals, medical staffs, managed care organizations, medical groups, medical device retailers, and other health care providers.
Dayna also has experience in patient information privacy issues, appeals of state-issued administrative penalties, Medicare and Medi-Cal certification, emergency care requirements, and litigation arising out of peer review matters.
Dayna has significant experience counseling health care organizations regarding operational issues and regulatory and litigation matters. She has reviewed or drafted numerous policies, rules and regulations, bylaws, and other procedural documents, and regularly assists clients in interpreting and following such guidance.
In the area of credentialing and peer-review, she is well-versed in state, federal and accreditation requirements, as well as the roles, responsibilities, and concerns of an organization’s leadership, including medical directors and chief medical officers, credentialing and peer review committees, individual reviewers, and support staff. In such matters, Dayna makes every effort to communicate a clear, accurate assessment of the legal landscape, and to provide realistic, effective resolutions.
- Counsels clients regarding credentialing best practices, including structuring information flow, decision-making criteria, communication activities, etc.
- Develops/ revises multiple credentialing policies and procedures.
- Counsels clients in corrective action, including suspension and termination, and handles all aspects of peer review hearings.
- Associate, Pepper Hamilton, LLP, Los Angeles, 2013-2016
- Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright, Los Angeles, 2003-2013
- Summer Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright, Los Angeles, 2002
- Summer Associate/Law Clerk, Duane Morris, LLP, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board Member and Past President, Women in Health Administration of Southern California
- Chair, Executive Committee, Health Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Law Section, American Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, The Johns Hopkins University’s Los Angeles Alumni Chapter
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003, cum laude
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2003
- B.S., Business Administration, Pepperdine University, 1993
Rate : $$$$