Dominica Anderson, managing partner of Duane Morris’ Las Vegas office, practices in both the firm’s Las Vegas and San Francisco offices. She is a member of the firm’s governing Partners Board and vice-chair of the Duane Morris Women’s Impact Network for Success Steering Committee.
Ms. Anderson has over 30 years of experience in high stakes commercial litigation, including representing insurance companies in complex insurance coverage cases, CGL and D&O throughout the U.S., and works with numerous clients to resolve issues abroad.
Additionally, she represents businesses in complex contract disputes; unfair competition; business interference; false advertising; securities; antitrust; defamation; e-commerce and intellectual property issues; domain name disputes; and trademark, trade secrets and copyright issues. She is a member of Duane Morris’ Insurance Practice Groupand the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group.
She also is a trusted advisor to and represents iconic and budding fashion designers and retail entities as part of Duane Morris’ Fashion, Retail, Luxury and Consumer Goods practice group.
A member of the American Bar Association, Vice-Chair of the Professional Business Women of California, and a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers, Ms. Anderson is a 1986 cum laude graduate of the University of San Francisco Law School and a graduate, with high honors, of the University of California at Berkeley, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She has received numerous honors and awards over the years and has been on the California Super Lawyers list for over 10 years.
- Affirmance by California Court of Appeal of ground-breaking rulings limiting rights to Cumis counsel, as well as of money judgment against policyholder for reimbursement of Cumis fees that had been paid by insurer.
- Defended and settled large fraud suit brought against international insurers.
- Won subrogation trial requiring another insurer to tender to our client the full limits of its policy for its portion of the settlement of an underlying wrongful death action.
- Defended to a settlement large coverage action brought by state utilities company for coverage relating to pollution from various chemicals and waste on behalf of international insurer.
- On behalf of international insurer, successfully appealed an asbestos bankruptcy 524(g) action involving alleged billions of dollars.
- Defended multiple D&O coverage matters arising out of non-profit policies on behalf of a national insurer.
- Representing national insurer in large airport tower defect matter.
- Representing national insurer in multiple coverage cases involving construction projects.
- On behalf of digital cable television and telecommunications provider pursued Lanham Act suit.
- On behalf of international business owner, prosecuted defamation suit.
- Defended to a settlement a large mechanics lien arising out of a large casino show room on behalf of construction company.
- Represented communications company in numerous employee related suits.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Vice-Chair, Professional Business Women of California (PBWC)
- Elected as a Fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC)
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Vice-Chair, Duane Morris Women’s Impact Network for Success
- Founder, The Collection – Fashion, Luxury Goods Group
- Professional Business Women of California
- Dress for Success, Southern Nevada
- Las Vegas Fashion Council
- The Pocket Palette
Rate : $$$$