Douglas R. Sweeney is an Associate in the Boston office of Locke Lord LLP where his practice includes white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, complex business litigation, and labor and employment law. Doug has experience assisting business entities and non-profit institutions with internal investigations, and in representing both companies and individuals in state and federal government investigations.
He also has assisted with the representation of clients with complex commercial disputes involving breach of contract, negligence, unfair trade practices, and breach of fiduciary duties. Prior to joining the firm, Doug was a Law Clerk to the Honorable David A. Lowy of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
Representative Experience :
- Represented financial institution in summary judgment proceedings involving unfair business practices and unfair debt collection claims
- Assisted in guiding healthcare company through internal investigation into harassment claims brought by former employee
- Defended non-profit lending institution against claims alleging breach of contract and unfair trade practices
- Assisted in representation of national retail chain in federal antitrust investigation
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Law Clerk to the Honorable David A. Lowy, Supreme Judicial Court, Boston, Mass. (2016-2017)
- J.D., summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, Suffolk University Law Review
- B.A., Journalism and History, Washington and Lee University, 2007
Admissions : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$