Dr. Karen K. Wong is a life sciences IP partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Her practice includes freedom-to-operate and due-diligence studies, patent preparation and prosecution, opinion work, litigation strategy, and technology licensing.
Karen serves as IP counsel to many venture-backed companies, and has worked on numerous major strategic alliance transactions, acquisitions, spin-outs, and IPOs.
Concentrating on cutting-edge biotechnology, Karen focuses her multidisciplinary practice on a combination of molecular biology, optical physics, chemical engineering, pharmacology, molecular diagnostics, and cellular physiology.
She has developed technical expertise in DNA-sequencing techniques and instruments, antibody engineering and design, biofuels, drug delivery systems, gene therapies, cancer treatments, and point-of-care diagnostic tools.
Prior to practicing law, Karen conducted doctoral and postdoctoral research at Harvard and Tufts Medical School in molecular biology, cell biology, and physiology.
Karen is a co-founder and board member of BioE2E, which has built one of the largest communities of life sciences entrepreneurs in the Bay Area. A native of Sichuan, China, she is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- Ph.D., Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Tufts University
- B.A., Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Major in Biology, Chinese University of Hong Kong
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Co-founder and Board Member, BioE2E
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$