Dylan J. Price is an associate in the Business Trial and Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Groups in the firm’s Century City office. Dylan practices in the areas of entertainment, intellectual property and commercial litigation. Dylan has substantial experience representing entertainment clients in both state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations before the Independent Film & Television Alliance (“IFTA”) arbitration tribunal.
Dylan’s broad entertainment practice includes the representation of studios, producers, managers and media companies in connection with various types of claims, including those relating to motion picture distribution rights, content licensing, music rights, participation accounting issues, residual allocation claims, final cut rights, partnership disputes and breach of contract claims.
Dylan’s intellectual property practice includes representing clients in disputes involving copyright, trademark and right of publicity claims. Dylan helps intellectual property owners police their intellectual property rights and has secured a number of pre-litigation settlements for his clients through his aggressive representation.
Dylan also counsels filmmakers and producers on intellectual property clearance issues and risk mitigation strategies, including the analysis of fair use defenses under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act, and provides guidance to new media clients in navigating the contours of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), including the DMCA’s take down and counter notice procedures.
Dylan also represents various corporate clients involved in business, tort, insurance and consumer class action litigations. Dylan has substantial experience representing foreign clients challenging personal jurisdiction in actions based on both contract and the so-called “stream of commerce” theory, and has obtained dismissals on behalf of multiple clients based on the lack of “minimum contacts” under the federal due process standard for jurisdiction.
Dylan has also represented a number of national retailers and fashion companies in consumer class actions involving consumer privacy statutes and false advertising claims relating to outlet store pricing practices.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2008, cum laude
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2005, with distinction and honors
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Dylan served as lead counsel for a distribution company in an Independent Film & Television Alliance (“IFTA”) arbitration involving participation accounting claims and complex allocation issues relating to DVD box set and television licensing revenues.
- Dylan represented an acclaimed fashion photographer in a dispute with a fashion house over the use of infringing images in an advertising campaign.
- Dylan represented a French production company in connection with an investigation into the piracy of the company’s animated film.
- Dylan secured a pre-litigation settlement for a foreign distribution company relating to claims involving the Latin American distribution rights to a feature film.
- Dylan represented the personal manager for an internationally renowned musician in a proceeding before the California Labor Commission relating to alleged violations of California’s Talent Agency Act.
Rate : $$$$