Emily Larrimer Savas concentrates on complex pharmaceutical patent litigations. She regularly represents generic drug manufacturers in all aspects of federal intellectual property litigation, including pre-litigation regulatory activities, Paragraph IV Certifications and notice letters, invalidity and non-infringement contentions, review and production of electronically stored information, written discovery, fact witness depositions, claim construction proceedings, expert discovery, motion practice, as well as pretrial preparations.
Emily has additional experience practicing before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. She has extensive experience in trademark prosecution and litigation. She has represented business owners in disputes regarding trademark ownership and infringement, including summary judgment proceedings and expert discovery.
Emily has prosecuted trademarks for a variety of business types, as well as a non-profit student organization promoting access to essential medicines. Additionally, she is a registered patent agent with an advanced degree in molecular biology.
Emily returned to Locke Lord in 2013 after serving as Contracts Officer at University of California, San Diego where she provided guidance to University researchers and business officers on medical industry contract terms and conditions, as well as clinical trial agreements.
She has experience negotiating contract terms regarding intellectual property ownership and rights, material transfers, confidentiality, export control regulations, dispute resolution, and indemnification. During law school, Emily interned with the United State House of Representatives Committee on Science, as well as with the trademark department of an international consumer products company.
Representative Experience :
- Assist with defending a generic drug manufacturer in a Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving three patents relating to esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate
- Assist with defending a generic drug manufacturer in a Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving three patents relating to roflumilast
- Assisted with defending a generic drug manufacturer in a Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving 16 patents relating to sodium gamma-hydroxybutyrate and obtained settlement
- Assisted with defending a generic drug manufacturer in a Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving 18 patents relating to lisdexamphetamine
- Assisted with representation of a restaurant owner in a trademark litigation relating to trademark ownership
- Assisted with representation of a travel company in a trademark litigation relating to trademark infringement
- Contracts Officer, University of California, San Diego (2011-2013)
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Morgan & Finnegan
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Member, Association of University Technology Managers
- J.D., New York Law School, 2008
- M.S., New York University, 2005
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz, 2002
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$