Ms. Emily R. Whelan’s practice includes Patent Office practice, litigation and counseling in the fields of chemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Her experience includes patent strategy across the spectrum from pre-litigation investigation and litigation, to Patent Office post-grant proceedings including inter partes review and reexamination, to analysis of the competitive landscape and IP due diligence, as well as obtaining patent protection and portfolio management.
Practice highlights include being part of teams involved in :
- Representing innovator pharmaceutical companies in ANDA patent infringement and other litigation involving pharmaceutical patents;
- Inter partes review of patents in pharmaceutical and semiconductor fields;
- IP due diligence and analysis of competitor patents in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and food industries; and
- Managing patent portfolios including small molecules, pharmaceutical formulations, and treatment methods for pharmaceutical companies.
Ms. Whelan is co-chair of the Patent Office Practice Committee of the Boston Patent Law Association. Ms. Whelan is also a member of the American Bar Association and the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- AB, Chemistry, Cornell University
- JD, Harvard Law School
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$