Eric Bartley specializes in complex commercial real estate finance transactions for national bank and non-bank lenders on both portfolio investments as well as investments intended for securitization in the capital markets.
Specifically, Eric has served as lead counsel for clients in commercial mortgage originations – both senior and subordinate lien positions, mezzanine financing, preferred equity investments, and the related negotiation of intercreditor and participation agreements on projects across the country.
Eric has extensively counseled lenders on structuring commercial real estate loans to high net worth individuals to address their unique tax concerns as well as complex estate plans including off-shore and domestic asset protection trusts.
He also represents clients on the sale and acquisition of whole loans and loan portfolios, and has handled the workout and restructuring of several billion dollars of distressed commercial real estate assets secured by a wide range of property types including multifamily, office, retail, industrial, manufactured housing, and hospitality.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Illinois State University, B.S., Finance, 2000
- State Bar of California, Real Property Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Law Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council
- Mortgage Bankers Association
Rate : $$$