Erik Belenky’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, where he represents public and private companies, as well as private equity firms, in a variety of domestic and global transactions. Erik’s experience covers the full range of M&A activity, including significant acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions, as well as corporate governance and takeover defense.
Erik has advised numerous leading public and private companies on substantial M&A matters, such as Newell Brands, General Electric Company, Baker Hughes, Koch Industries, and RELX Group (formerly, Reed Elsevier). Recent representative transactions include acting for Newell Brands in its $16 billion acquisition of Jarden, the $1.95 billion sale of its Tools division to Stanley Black & Decker, and the $2.3 billion sale of The Waddington Group to Novolex Holdings; General Electric Company in the sale of its Industrial Air & Gas business to Colfax and the sale of its Small Industrial Motors business to Wolong Electric Group; and RELX Group in the acquisition of real time global flight data provider, FlightStats.
For the last 10 consecutive years, Chambers and Partners has listed Erik as a top M&A attorney in Chambers USA. He also has been listed in M&A by The Legal 500 US and Best Lawyers in America. Erik was formerly a member of the board of trustees of The Schenck School (an independent school in Atlanta, GA for children with dyslexia).
- Duke University (J.D. 1997);
- Colby College (B.A. 1994);
- London School of Economics (Hansard Scholar, 1993)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Newell Brands to sell Pure Fishing to Sycamore Partners for $1.3 billion
- Newell Brands sells The Waddington Group to Novolex for approximately $2.3 billion
- Newell Brands sells Rawlings Sporting Goods Company, Inc. for $395 million
- Baker Hughes sells natural gas solutions business to First Reserve and Pietro Fiorentini
- Baker Hughes sells A-C Compressor business to Rotating Machinery Services
- Newell Brands enters into settlement agreement with Starboard Value that ended Newell’s ongoing proxy contest with Starboard
- GE sells assets related to its Small Industrial Motors Business to Wolong Electric Group
Rate : $$$